Ready-to-use evaporation retardant/finishing aid
Features & Benefits
- Aids in finishing concrete and repair mortars that produce little or no bleed water such as micro silica or mixes containing no air entrainment
- Dyed pink as a visual application aid
- Significantly reduces plastic shrinkage and cracking caused by evaporation in low humidity, high temperatures, and high winds
- Allows use of lower slump and lower water to cement ratio concrete
- Reduces wind crusting, stickiness, and sponginess, which often cause poor and uneven surface texture
- Helps minimize surface cracking due to early water loss of silica fume concrete
- Already formulated to an optimum dilution of 5 to 1 for maximum effectiveness
SpecFilm RTU is designed to be used as an evaporation retardant and finishing aid on concrete flatwork of all types.
When sprayed over fresh concrete, SpecFilm RTU forms a thin, continuous film that prevents rapid moisture loss from the concrete surface.
SpecFilm RTU is especially effective when concreting operations must be performed in direct sun, wind, high temperatures, or low relative humidity.