Asphalt impregnated fiber expansion joint
Features & Benefits
- Meets or exceeds AASHTO and ASTM specifications
- Withstands freeze/thaw cycles
- Approved by several state Departments of Transportation
- Resists water infiltration
- Resists breakage, cuts cleanly, and is easily held in position during concrete pouring
- Recovers substantially to original thickness after release from compression
- Cut, bundles & wrapped for easy handling & storage
SpecFlex is manufactured through a proprietary process that allows individual fibers to be saturated in the asphalt preservative before they are processed into final mat form.
As a result, SpecFlex gives superior asphalt distribution, product strength, flexibility and long term aging characteristics. It is a high quality, competitively priced alternative to conventionally produced fiber expansion joint materials.