Lithium silicate sealers and densifiers are specialized products that are used to improve the strength, durability, and appearance of concrete surfaces. These products are applied to the surface of the concrete, where they react with the calcium hydroxide in the concrete to form a dense, hard, and waterproof surface.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply a lithium silicate sealer and densifier to a concrete surface:
1. First, prepare the surface by cleaning it thoroughly and removing any debris or dirt. You’ll also want to repair any cracks or damage to the concrete prior to densifying.
2. Next, mix the lithium silicate sealer and densifier according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (Lithseal SC and Lithseal Lite are solutions and don’t require mixing like a WB cure & seal or WB bondbreaker would.)
3. Apply the product to the surface using a sprayer and microfiber applicator, making sure to cover the entire surface evenly, using the microfiber applicator to avoid puddling.
4. After the product has been applied, any light residue can be swept away with a natural broom.
5. Finally, a guard product may be applied to give an immediate gloss to hardened surfaces to protect the surface and give the concrete a glossy finish. A oil and water repellent sealer may also be applied by microfiber over the densifier to protect the floor from staining, like in an auto shop floor installation.
Overall, using a lithium silicate sealer and densifier is a simple and effective way to improve the strength, durability, and appearance of concrete surfaces. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and take your time, and you’ll be able to create strong, durable, and beautiful concrete surfaces.